The Guerrero Gold Project covers over 440 square kilometres of the southern extension of the Guerrero Gold Belt. Over 10,000,000 ounces of gold have been discovered in the Guerrero Gold Belt over the last 10 years with Goldcorp’s Los Filos deposit expected to enter production in late 2007.
The Guerrero Project was assembled by the geologist responsible for the discovery of the Los Filos deposit and was acquired by the Company in 2007.
Highlights and Advantages:
• Major land position (440 square kilometres) in a belt where large land positions are held by Goldcorp, Teck-Cominco, Newmont and Penoles.
• Several known skarn systems occur within the Guerrero land position
• Gold in stream sediment anomalies collected by the Mexican geological survey are considerably higher within the project area than in proximity to the known gold deposits to the north.
Several occurrences of magnetite, copper-magnetite skarn are reported within the project area. In addition a number of gold-silver and silver-lead veins systems are also reported in maps and compilations produced by the Consejo.
View Presentation >Prior Exploration:
• Very little recorded exploration activity throughout the Guerrero Project area.
• The Mexican geological survey completed a stream sediment sampling program and high-level airborne magnetic survey of the area in the early 1990s
Crews are currently conducting a more detailed stream sediment sampling program of the project area and examining the known mineral occurrences on the property.